What causes frequent lower abdominal spasms?
Clinical evaluation and investigations
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
Noted your history, spasms left abdomen at belly button level - very 10 to 15 minutes lasts about 5 to 10 seconds - feeling like something tries to get out - no symptoms related to bowels -
Such symptoms can occur in cases where there is sub-acute intestinal obstruction. To such a minor severity that is not causing the symptoms of bloating- vomiting and constipation.
I would advise you the following:
Take plenty of oral fluids, less if fibers for the time being.
Get a clinical evaluation, examination by a General Surgeon as auscultation of the abdomen can give the classical sound and get an advise for further investigations.
- X-ray if the abdomen in standing position.
- Eneteroclysis under fluoroscopy control to see the actual movement of the intestines and other findings.
These will give an idea about the condition of intestines.
In addition an ultrasonography to start with and CT scan of the abdomen to confirm any of the positive findings.
I hope this answer helps you to get an early proper diagnosis and curative treatment.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can colonoscopy cause abdominal spasm
- Symptoms of lower abdominal spasms
- Diagnosis of lower abdominal spasms
- Pregnancy related abdominal spasm
- Drugs/medication for lower abdominal spasms
- Lower abdominal spasms causes
- What are the possible reasons for abdominal spasm after dialysis
- Abdominal spasm with shortness of breath
- Abdominal spasms nausea weakness feeling hot what to do
- Treatment and cure for lower abdominal spasms