What causes frequent headaches?
She has a history of headaches, almost always around menstrual periods but occasionally also a few more episodes in a month. Now this one occurred only a week after period. She wasin charge of a performance which went all well but after it was over the headache started. Often it gets over after night sleep but not today. Only mildly improved after ibuprofen. She also vomited once before going to sleep.
I suggested to go for CT scan but she said that this not a very untypical. However I am worried if this could be a sign of brain cancer as it lasts over 24 hours already.
Take treatment as advised, no need of CT
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.
The symptoms are suggestive of migraine headache which presents with throbbing headache, nausea, vomiting and sensitivity to light or sound.
Prevention is the best approach.
Take timely breakfast and lunch.
Take adequate and timely night sleep.
Avoid excessive tea or coffee or chocolate.
Pain killers like naproxen or paracetamol can be taken during pain for relief.
Regular attacks for more than 10 days per month requires prophylaxis medications for about 6 months.
Menstrual period aggravates this headache.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further information.
Dr N Kumar
How long can this possibly last?
And did I understood you correctly this is not indicative of brain cancer?
Visit to a Neurologist
The usual migraine attacks last less than 3 days.
The symptoms of brain tumors are continuous without any asymptomatic period.
This is not brain tumor.
Visit and consult a neurologist.
Dr N Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Period, frequent headaches causes
- What could cause severe and frequent headaches
- What is the treatment for frequent headache and dizziness
- What causes frequent headache and knee pain
- What is the reason for frequent headaches
- What causes frequent headaches and dizziness
- Feel heaviness in head frequent headaches what is the problem
- Frequent headaches blocked ears with pain what is the reason
- What causes frequent headache and depression
- What is the cause for frequent headache