What causes fluid discharge from belly button?
I have talked to a doctor about it awhile ago, and he gave me some yeast infection cream, but it has done nothing. I'm to the point now that I have to spray perfume around my bellybutton as to not have a noticeable stench.
may need antibiotic or surgery
Hello and thank you for your question.
It sounds like you may have developed a serious infection or even an abscess, ulcer or fistula (ulcerous tract through the tissue) in your navel. If you were my patient I would first try you on an oral antibiotic and if it did not resolve I would send you for an ultrasound to see if there is an abscess or fistulous tract that has developed. Please see your doctor again and see what he/she says about these suggestions. I hope you get rid of this troublesome problem soon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sharp pain behind the belly button
- What causes leaky belly button
- What causes soreness in my belly button area
- What would cause your belly button to leak
- What causes brown discharge from belly button
- What causes pain in belly button while urinating
- What causes small boils below belly button
- What cause fat around belly button
- Can endometriosis cause fluid in the belly button
- What causes hardening of the belly button