What causes feeling something in bellybutton when i kneel down?

Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 2 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: When ever I knees I feel something in my belly moving what could it be?
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Answered below.

Detailed Answer:

Several things can be at play as you kneel down. Your abdominal muscles move, if you have thin abdominal wall, you can feel intestinal movements; if you have abdominal fat, you can feel it move.

If you feel heaviness in your abdomen, you need to have a check up by a specialist to see if there is any mass inside. A clinical examination and a sonogram are useful.

If you are menstruating regularly and have not missed any period, you need not worry about pregnancy. Anyway, a sonogram-abdominal and pelvic/trans-vaginal will help to solve the issue.

Hope your query has been clarified. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T