question-icon

What causes feeling of cigarette smoke smell stuck in nose?

Posted on Fri, 5 Sep 2014
Question: My symptoms just started when I had my temporary veneers put in. Not sure where the relation is if any. When I breath thru my nose I get the sense of someone smoking around me. I've always been sensitive to cigarette smoke. Now I have it 24/7. It's a bit more pronounced when I'm in the air conditioned car. My dentist has no ideas........Do you have any thoughts on this one? It's annoying to say the least !
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S (18 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
trimming if veneers, crown or permanent veneers

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query, I have gone through your query.
As far as I understand there is no relationship between the veneers and the feeling of smoking smell. Since you are facing this problem after getting the veneers get it replaced with either permanent veneers or crowns.
The only possibility of feeling smoke smell is soon after trimming the veneers(without water spray) but it goes after some time.
Consult a oral physician and a pulmonologist and get it evaluated.
I hope my answer will help you, take care.
If any queries are there reply me back.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery