What causes fall of oxygen saturation at night?
if he is asymptomatic than it is normal.
Hello dear, thanks for your question on HCM. I want to know weight of your father?
And if he is asymptomatic at night time during fall of saturation than no need to worry. The reason for this is, there is certain amount of desaturation (fall on oxygen level) happens in night as body demand of oxygen is less and metabolic rate is minimal in night. So this much desaturation is accepted.
But if your father is obese and having symptoms like night time awakening, night time decreased sleep, night time gasping episodes, day time headache, un refreshing sleep etc than we have to investigate for obstructive sleep apneoa (OSA).
But in your case, your father is asymptotic so the fall in oxygen you noticed is nothing but physiological diurnal variation.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good XXXXXXX to ypur father. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fainting low oxygen saturation
- Smoking oxygen saturation
- 100 percent oxygen saturation
- Oxygen saturation test
- Elderly drop oxygen saturation
- Oxygen saturation drops with walking
- Pulse oximeter oxygen saturation
- Low oxygen saturation in newborns
- Oxygen saturation normal range
- Heart problems and oxygen saturation