What causes excessive thirst, low back pain when taking Septra for UTI?

Question
Okay I keep getting UTI infections took septra 8 days gone , now 2 weeks later EXCESSIVE THIRST , low back pain very cloudy urine
I am talking like crazy thirst like I can sit down drink 50 ounces water no problem, also dizzy like when I am talking to someone I feel like I am not all there . I went to emergency clinic two weeks ago they said I had blood in my urine but no bacteria .

So now after a tough workout, excessive fatigue today dizziness, and EXTREME thirst cloudy urine very cloudy
Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Diabetes mellitus...

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for posting!

I have read your query and I understand your concerns.

According to your symptoms, I think that you may suffer from diabetes mellitus, which has these symptoms: excessive thirst, polyuria (large production or passage of urine), dizziness.

Diabetes mellitus affects blood vessels that nourish kidneys, heart, brain and all the body in general.

Diabetes mellitus favors UTI infections and candida albicans (fungus).

In your case, urine is very concentrated and that's the reason why it is cloudy as you mentioned.

It is necessary that you reduce your intake of carbohydrates( including potatoes), sweets and desserts. If you are obese, you should also reduce the amount of animal fat (butter, fat, egg yolks). You should substitute these with healthy vegetable fat in moderate amounts (olive oil, avocados, nuts). You should increase the amount of greens and vegetables you eat.

In order to confirm the diagnosis, you need a glucose test on an empty stomach and another glucose test after two hours when you have eaten.

A more precise test to get is HbA1c test (glycated hemoglobin). You also need an urine culture and a lipid test.

I suggest you consult your endocrinologist.

Feel free to ask for anything unclear.

Dr. Behar.