What causes eustachian tube dysfunction while on anti-hypertensive medication?
Nasal congestion leads to fluid in middle ear
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
The anti-hypertensive rarely do cause nasal congestion as side effect. Long standing nasal congestions leads to blockage of Eustachian tube ( tube connecting the posterior part of nose with the middle ear cavity). Blockage of eustachian tube is likely to lead to collection in middle ear. The primary problem is likely to be nasal congestion .
Continue taking anti-hypertensive medications. Apart from it i would also suggest steam inhalation which will be very beneficial.
DO get back to me if you need any further assistance , will be glad to assist you
Dr Shobha Deepak
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Eustachian tube dysfunction caused by migraines
- What does eustachian tube dysfunction mean
- What treatment eustachian tube dysfunction
- What is the causes and treatment for eustachian tube dysfunction
- Eustachian tube dysfunction cause severe headaches
- Can heart disease cause eustachian tube dysfunction
- Can eustachian tube dysfunction cause lightheadedness
- Eustachian tube dysfunction caused by loud noise
- Eustachian tube dysfunction causes
- Drugs/medication for eustachian tube dysfunction