What causes elevated pulse rate in a 56 year old woman?
I would recommend as follows...
I passed carefully through your question and would explain that her symptoms could be related to low blood pressure or orthostatic intolerance.
Dehydration or antihypertensive drugs can lead to this clinical scenario.
An infection could also mimic this clinical situation.
Does she have a fever?
Have you measured her blood pressure values?
I recommend having some rest and taking plenty of water.
If this situation persists, I would recommend going to the ER for a physical exam and some tests (a resting ECG, complete blood count, blood electrolytes, PCR).
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes palpitations and high pulse rate
- High pulse rate what could be causing this
- What is the cause of elevated resting pulse
- 56 years old what is causing the swelling on head
- What causes elevated heart rate
- What causes elevated pulse rate
- Elevated heart rate shortness of breath what is causing this
- What causes high pulse rate with shortness of breath
- What causes heart murmurs and increased pulse rate
- What causes high pulse rate after surgery