What causes dry mouth inspite of being on Lithium?
unusual; consult an ENT doctor or a dental surgeon
Welcome to HCM.
I can understand your concerns.
Lithium can cause dry mouth. But you are having dry mouth even after 4 months of lithium cessation. That is a bit unusual.
I would suggest you to get evaluated for this.
Kindly consult an ENT specialist or a dental surgeon for this.
In the meantime, I have some suggestions for you to deal with dry mouth:
1. Use a mouth humidifier, mainly at night.
2. Sip water or sugarless drinks(excess sugar can cause dental caries) often.
3. Sip water or sugarless drinks during meals. This will make chewing and swallowing easier.
4. Avoid drinks with caffeine, such as coffee, tea. Caffeine can dry out the mouth.
5. Avoid tobacco or alcohol, spicy and salty foods. They dry out the mouth.
6. Chew sugarless gum or suck on sugarless candies to stimulate saliva flow; cinnamon- or mint-flavored candies are good choices.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dry mouth causes and cures
- What causes nighttime dry mouth
- Dry mouth at night causes
- What causes dry mouth and roughness on tongue
- Medical causes of dry mouth
- Causes of sudden dry mouth
- What causes dry mouth
- Very dry mouth causes
- What causes dry mouth and metallic taste in mouth
- What causes dry mouth syndrome
- How to reduce weight?
- Suggest treatment for increase libido
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- What causes fear of disease or death, dizziness, heaviness in head and SOB?
- What causes digestion problem after having Dicorate ER?
- Can ED medicines be taken along with diabetes medications?
- Suggest treatment for clots on legs while weaning off Adderall
- Suggest treatment for MDD and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for obsessive compulsive disorder