What causes dry itchy red eyes?
Dry, itchy red eyes can be caused by many things. One thing to do to relieve the dryness is to use saline eye drops. You can buy these at the pharmacy. This alone may relieve things because the dryness can be the cause of itching and redness.
If this alone does not resolve the problem, then the problem may have to do with allergies and you can try an antihistamine eye drop. EMEDASTINE DIFUMARATE, Livostin (levocabastine) and Optivar (azelastine hydrochloride) are some names of antihistamine eye drops. Depending upon where you live these may be prescription or over the counter medications.
If these two eye drops do not take care of the problem, make sure to see an eye doctor for further evaluation.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes red eye and headaches
- What causes severe redness in eyes
- What causes itchy dry face and red puffy eyes
- What causes red eyes symptoms
- What causes sudden redness in the eye
- What is the cause of a red and swollen eye
- What could be the cause for dry eyes
- Cause of dry lips and red eyes
- What is the cause of red patch in eye
- What causes bloodshot red eyes