• question-icon

What causes dizziness and loss of balance while on Hydralazine?

Posted on Tue, 25 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am feeling dizzy, off balance, and like being drunk, is it possible to feel this way with hydralazine. have been taking for a month. Went to hospital and they advised cutting down on dosage. Have been taking 50 mg 3 times a day. Was previously taking 25 mg times a day. Hospital couldn't find anything wrong after a bunch of test.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
What is your blood pressure in the upright position?

Detailed Answer:

Hydralazine is known to cause a drop in blood pressure which can provoke symptom similar to those that you have reported. I will like to know what disease condition warranted only this drug. Unless it is an absolute must to be on this drug, I will suggest that you get it discontinued and replaced with other high blood pressure medications with better side effects profile.

In all, side effects of hydralazine. I recommend stopping ad replacing with more friendly drugs.

I wish you well and feel free to follow up with me as you please.
Dr. Ivo Ditah