What causes dizziness, and fatigue in a person on medication for high blood pressure?
ago at the Doctors office was 116/69. I take meds for high blood pressure. The Dr. said I should still
take the meds because that's where she wants my blood pressure to be. Today I took it and it was 113/64.
I also feel a bit dizzy at times. I am very concerned. Also I take Synthroid.
Should I be concerned?
Not much but you should discuss it with your doctor.
The target level for the systolic blood pressure is around 130 mm Hg. This applies to most patients.
There are exceptions like in patients with aneurysms or serious heart failure that may experience complications with even moderate blood pressure elevations.
If you're not such a patient then 115 is not great unless you have no symptoms. Since you do have symptoms, you should discuss this issue with the treating doctor.
I usually lower the potency of antihypertensive treatment to patients that experience symptoms like yours.
Dizziness, fatigue and weakness are common presenting symptoms in such cases.
If you're taking a beta blocker then you should also check your pulse rate. Very low pulse rates may also cause the same symptoms.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Panagiotis Zografakis,
Internal Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- High blood pressure and fatigue
- Causes of high blood pressure
- What is the remedy for dizziness with high blood pressure
- What causes erratic high blood pressure
- What causes high blood pressure and a tightening of the chest
- What is the medical term for high blood pressure
- Dizzy spells- are they caused by high blood pressure
- Dizziness and high blood pressure
- What causes high blood pressure and what are the cure
- What is cause of high blood pressure at night
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?