Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes discoloration on penis shaft?

Urologist
Question
I have a few small discoloration a on my penis shaft that are a brownish / purple color. They are on the side near a vein. I feel no pain or discomfort from it
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hair follicle infection, Fungal infection,

Detailed Answer:

Hair follicle infection, Fungal infection, Pearly penile papules (which do not have a serious cause) should be considered in your case.

However, these have to be clearly distinguished from sexually transmitted like genital warts(caused by human papilloma viruses) and others. For this, a Physical examination is mandatory. If you had a risky sexual exposure, you need to get screened for some STDs as well.

Thanks!