question-icon

What causes delayed periods?

Posted on Mon, 14 Jul 2014
Question: hi
im 60 days late for my period las period was April26 to May 1 .
i dont have any symtpoms headache and bit irritaded but pregnancies test are negative ijust ook one today and is negative.
I went two week ago to doc and he said im not pregnant
am I ??
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
NO

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

From the information you have provided, you are not pregnant. A 2 months pregnancy would for sure cause symptoms and cannot go without being noticed. Also, repeated testing has shown that you are not pregnant and there is nothing that suggests so.

I will recommend that you work with your doctor on identifying what the possible cause of the delayed or absent menses is. For sure, it is not pregnancy.

I hope this helps. I wish you well and feel free to ask for more information and clarification if need be. Thank you so much for using our services.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah