Owl Image

What causes delayed menstruation and negative pregnancy test?

Question
Hi there

I had a preterm labour on 15th April of this year delivering a healthy baby boy unfortunately he was to premature to survive. They diagnosed me with Incompetent Cervix. My partner and I have been trying to conceive since with my period starting 5th July on a 29-31 average cycle, this month my period was due Sunday 5th and as of yet today 8th I havnt had it. I've taken 3 tests and they are all negative. Would you suggest to wait or go and get a blood test? Many thanks
XXXX
Mon, 9 Apr 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wait for few days more.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I have gone through your query,you have to wait few more days before any more investigation .UPT come positive after 7 days.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal