What causes cold feeling at the bottom of the feet and a small dark bruise in the toe?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 6 Dec 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: hello, I'm a 51 year old man and I work out 3 to 4 times a week and I'm not on any medication. Lately I have been really stressed and lately when I check my blood pressure it has been about 130 to 140/70 to 80. I will hit 125/70 right before I go to sleep. I think i bruised my second toe at the corner of my toe nail and lately the bottom of my feet have been cold. I take potassium and magnesium supplements. What do you think the cause
of cold feet and small dark bruise or mark is from. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:

My opinion as follows:

Detailed Answer:

Hello!

I passed carefully through your question and would explain that the numbness and cold feeling in the the bottom of your feet could be related to a pinched nerve.

For this reason, I would recommend consulting with a neurologist and performing a nerve conduction study.

The small dark bruise in your toe could be related to a trauma. Anyway, I would also recommend performing coagulation tests to investigate for a coagulation disorder, if other bruises appear in other parts of your body, in the absence of any trauma.

Regarding your blood pressure values, I would explain that they seem to be borderline. They could be related to the emotional stress that you have been experiencing lately.

For this reason, I would just recommend reducing salt and caffeine intake in your diet.

I would encourage you to follow your healthy diet.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Ilir Sharka
Cardiologist