What causes chronic insomnia in an elderly after an orthopedic surgery?
I will suggest you low dose Quetiapine
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I read your query and understand your concerns.
First of all I am sorry that you are having insomnia and other problems and there is limited response to all previously tried medications.
Having said this it is important to state that no two individuals are similar and you may have a response to medicine for which sleep is off indication. One such molecule is quetiapine which I found very velpful in number of individuals with atypical response. I often use 25 mg to start with and increase to 50 mg if necessary.
I request you to discuss possibility of quetiapine prescription with your doctor.
I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of chronic insomnia
- Treatment and cure for chronic insomnia
- Effects of chronic insomnia
- Chronic insomnia treatment
- Epididymitis chronic insomnia
- What is the treatment for chronic insomnia and severe headaches
- What tests should be conducted for severe chronic insomnia
- Severe chronic insomnia
- Symptoms of chronic insomnia
- Chronic insomnia causes