What causes blood pressure difference in both arms?
Refer to the following answer...
I read your query very carefully and understood your concern.
I would like to say that a difference of 30 mmHg for systolic pressure (and 10 mmHg for diastolic pressure) between the right and the left side isn't related to your sciatic pain. This difference may be a sign for other health problem, such as:
- Blocked arteries in your arms (peripheral artery disease)
- Kidney disease
- Heart defects
So i suggest to run further examinations to rule out any other disease:
- Blood work
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Heart ECHO
- Chest x Ray
- Doppler ultrasound exam of the arms.
Hope this was of help!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes misreadings of blood pressure
- Pacemaker and blood pressure in what arm
- Different blood pressures arms aaa
- What causes systolic blood pressure
- What causes blood pressure to be erratic
- What causes blood pressure difference in right and left arm
- What causes low blood pressure
- Different blood pressure of both hands
- What causes blood pressure to bounce
- What causes oscillations in blood pressure