What causes blood in urine?
Most likely to be due to Enlarged Prostate
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts and considering your age the bleeding while passing urine that you have is mostly due to bleeding from a superficial vein on the surface of Enlarged Prostate .
Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.
In the mean while start taking antibiotic like Cefixime and Nitrofurantoin twice daily.
Ensure to drink more water .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Pee has clots
Yes you should visit ER immediately
Thanks for follow up
Since you are paying blood clots there is every risk of getting urethra blocked which will lead to retention of urine
I would suggest you to visit ER and get catheterized to drain out blood clots till the tome necessary investigations can be done to establish diagnosis and. to decide further treatment
Thanks and Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of blood while urinating
- What is the cause behind urinating blood
- What could be the cause for blood in urine
- Noticed blood in urine what is causing this
- What causes pain and blood in the urine
- What causes blood in the urine in females
- What are the possible causes of blood in urine
- What is the cause of traces of blood in urine
- Blood in urine no pain what is causing this
- What causes blood in urine
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?