What causes blister on the white part of the eye?

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: My son has a small bubble on his eye, looks like a blister. What should I do? I have read some of the other comments and it seems to most have left it alone and that it will go away. Is this normal?
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be conjunctival degeneration/ inflammation

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to health care magic.

I am Dr. Dadapeer K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that your son is having a blister on the white part of the eye.
If symptoms like pain, redness, irritation, discharge are absent then it can be a benign condition like conjunctival degenerations and can be left alone.
However if there are symptoms like pain, redness, discharge....it can be because of inflammation of conjunctiva and requires treatment by use of antibiotics and antiinflammatory drugs.
Hence I request you to provide you more details like
Does he is having symptoms like pain, redness, irritation, discharge....

If possible do send a photo of the affected eye so that I can advice you more accurately.

Thank you
With regards