Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

What causes blister on the white part of the eye?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 5709 Questions
My son has a small bubble on his eye, looks like a blister. What should I do? I have read some of the other comments and it seems to most have left it alone and that it will go away. Is this normal?
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be conjunctival degeneration/ inflammation

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic.

I am Dr. Dadapeer K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that your son is having a blister on the white part of the eye.
If symptoms like pain, redness, irritation, discharge are absent then it can be a benign condition like conjunctival degenerations and can be left alone.
However if there are symptoms like pain, redness, can be because of inflammation of conjunctiva and requires treatment by use of antibiotics and antiinflammatory drugs.
Hence I request you to provide you more details like
Does he is having symptoms like pain, redness, irritation, discharge....

If possible do send a photo of the affected eye so that I can advice you more accurately.

Thank you
With regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor