What causes bleeding anus?

Dr. Deepika Patil

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I am not having motions for the last 4 days.....and if i try hard blood is coming...please help me to have my free motions and prescribe medicine also ....
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
could be anal fissure

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

You seem to be having anal fissure following the constipation.

The thing is, the longer the stools stay inside, the body absorbs more and more water from it, thus making it more hard. And when you push this hardened stool out, it stretches the anal opening more, and it gets torn a bit, leading to bleeding. The tear is called fissure.

The cure and prevention of this lies in the cure and prevention of constipation.

So you need to take laxatives for this. But for the prescription you need to consult a local doctor.

Hope I have been helpful.

Dr.Deepika Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj