What causes black worms in stool and urine?
There can be many parasites
Thanks for your query.
Many parasites can be black in colour and survive on skin. Only way to know is a microbiological examination of the skin scraping. It may be demodex mite or some similar infestation. Topical creams may not be very helpful.
Since its a small parasite and is passing out of urine and poop also, I am guessing that you are getting it from drinking water. You may check by boiling your drinking water. If some organisms can be seen in it after boiling then its the cause and you will need to drink cleaner water in future.
Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
You lost weight because infestation is draining you out
I know having an infestation inside body is scary, especially after you lost so much weight.
But if you are able to find source of infestation, it can be cleared. You simply try drinking bottled water for some days and see if it clears the infestation. You can also ask for doctor to prescribe oral anti-parasitic medication like albendazole or mebendazole. It is a very safe medicine and is routine prescribed where parasitic infestations are common. It can even be given to children.
To apply on skin, I think Lindane lotion (gamma-BHC) would be better alternative then permethrin. Only take precaution not to apply it on face or near eyes and mouth.
Increasing immunity by regular exercise also helps. Also take healthy nutritious well cooked food, preferably vegetarian only. Avoid non-vegetarian foods as they may harboring parasites. Take more of milk and milk products like cheese, butter etc to gain weight.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black worms in urine
- Black worms in stools in adults
- What is pin worms caused by
- What causes nose worms
- What causes thread worms
- Pin worm causing frequent urination
- What causes red worms in urine and the remedy
- What causes worms in humans
- What causes worms in adult
- What causes worms in stool
- Breathlessness, dizziness. Have PVCs. When do you know they are causing...
- Having abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. On antitubercular...
- Baby started teething. Diet plan to increase weight?
- Having protected sex. Started spotting before period. Taking midol for...
- Broke my distal fibula. On elavil for cold feet. Having sensory nerve...
- Took regestrone for hyperplacia. Again started with irregular and heavy...
- Taking SN-15 for bad throat. Having speaking difficulty. Prescribed...
- What is the normal penis size in flaccid and erect state?
- Have itching on the penis, premature ejaculation and erectile...
- Taking lupron. Feeling weak and started sweating. What is the underlying...