What causes attenuated blood vessels?

Excellent

Ophthalmologist
Question
Pease clear this I for me my doctor said my attentuated blood vessels are due to my being nearsighted .. Other doctors said it is due to hypertension .. What is true? I also have a pulsating light in the center of my in my eyes ...what can I do I am extremely nearsighted -10 and -750
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Attenuated vessels usually due to hypertension.

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.

Attenuated vessels, normally associated with very early hypertension do not carry too much of diagnostic importance.We usually mention it as part of complete fundus picture.

Various conditions of the eye, where there is pigment change, attenuated vessels are always an associated feature.

What actually happens is that in younger people, where there is the elasticity of vessels, in response to hypertension vessels respond by contracting. So consider this as a good sign that your blood vessels are young and elastic.

Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.

Follow-up: What causes attenuated blood vessels? 1 hour later
Thanks for getting back to me! You are the best! What about the New symptom that has started with the pulsating light close to my central area of my eye.. I see it more with my eyes closed is it related to the attentuated vessels? Thanks again sooo much!

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Attenuated vessels associated with hypertension

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for getting back to me.
Since you already have a complete retinal examination twice, that's what is recommended with your complaint.Since it is a pulsating light,it has to be a vascular phenomenon.All what you need to do is to keep your bp controlled.