What causes a sudden cramp in the foot and extreme pain even upon slight movement?
possibility of a neuritis.
there is a possibility of acute onset , arthritis called gout, in case there is swelling along with the pain.
the other possibility is a neuropathy affecting the foot which can cause the cramping.
I think you should probabbaly do a blood workup and see a physician because examination of the foot is a must to see whether it is neuropathic, arthritic or vascular.
in the meanwhile paracetamol can be taken for some relief.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes stomach pain and severe cramping
- What causes painful cramps on the ribcage
- What is the cause of leg cramps with eye pain
- What causes heartburnexcessive gasback pain and cramping
- What causes sharp pain in stomach with cramps and shits
- How to treat foot cramp that is causing pain
- What causes sudden foot pain
- What causes sudden jaw cramp
- What causes severe abdomen pain with cramps and nausea
- What could cause severe cramps and back pain