What causes a false negative for Morphine in a urine test?
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
I carefully passed through your question and would explain that this may lead to a false negative test.
You should know that two common potential causes for false-negative opiate tests are using the wrong test for a specific opiate and having an insufficient concentration of an opiate in the sample.
There are two main tests for this purpose: EIA testing and GC-MS testing.
The second is more specific and is used to differentiate the false positive or false negative tests resulting from EIA testing.
I recommend repeating the urine test again, with urine brought to the lab within 4 hours after urinating and perform both above mentioned tests.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Uti had urine test what is cause and treatment
- Thyroid missed periods negative urine test cause
- Can metformin cause false positive on a urine test
- Could morphine be the cause for dark urine with melanoma
- What causes greasy urine
- What causes oil in urine
- What causes false reading for methadone in a urine test
- Urine test pus causes
- What could cause positive fentanyl in urine test
- What causes urine to be slimy?
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?