What causes a burning sensation and bleeding from the anus?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 6 Jun 2018 in Lump
Question: I think i have piles,when i pass my stool inhave difficulty and there is bleeding aswell,i can also feel a lump looping out from the back.what should be the line of treatment.i had been eating very warm ,hot food like dry fruits and all,also did some heavy leg excersises.bUt i have been having burning as well, i rememebr having this 2 years back or may be earlier and was prescribed faktu ointment.
Please suggest some cream or medicine?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hemorrhoid seems to be the reason.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

Are you able to send a picture of this lump?

From your description it sounds like a hemorrhoid indeed. Red blood on the stool surface and toilet paper are typical symptoms of that.
Once a hemorrhoid appears, wont disappear by its own neither any medicine can not cure it. Creams and suppositories can only help with symptoms. But wont cause it disappear.
So the only solution is removal of such hemorrhoid. You should consult proctologist.
If there is any pain during stool passing, anal fissure can be the case and this lump is a solitary lump characteristic for fissure. But to diagnose it you should have rectal examination performed by proctologist.

For temporal relief you may try suppositories or cream with hisluronic acid.

Hope this helps.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad