What can cause pain similar to a pulled muscle in the right side towards the back?
Likely muscular but renal colic should be ruled out.
Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.
We will try to help you in best way possible.
First of all, it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.
Based on the history you have shared, such pains are usually a muscular sprain but if it's on the side or going towards the back, renal colic needs to be ruled out.
Ultrasound KUB scan should be done and baseline urinalysis to rule out any pus or white cells or red cells in urine.
Sometimes liver capsule pains can also present in the same way. Ultrasound abdomen should rule that out any such lesions in liver parenchyma or any cystic swelling underneath. Liver function tests may also be needed.
Meanwhile, OTC analgesics like Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen can help along with muscle relaxants like Orphenadrine or Tizanidine.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query.
Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Liver pain or pulled muscle
- Lower back pulled muscle
- Pulled muscle in back rash
- Pulled muscle in neck pain
- Back pain blood in urine chances of pulled muscle
- Pulled muscle back of head
- Pulled muscle on right side of rib cage
- Can pulled muscle cause pain when urinating
- Pulled muscle cause pain when swallow
- Pulled muscle on right side
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?