What can cause pain in the upper left groin area while sitting?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 27 Aug 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Question: For the past week my Left flank area has been sore or hurting. The flank is tender to the touch and it hurts when I bend or stretch as well. The lower left small of the back is also hurting and now it seems the right small of the back is starting to hurt a little. When I sit my upper left groin or lower left abdomen feels like there is something there.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Additional rest and hot fomentation. Please give details.

Detailed Answer:

Noted the history and understood your concerns.

Please give additional information for me to assist you better:

Are there any urinary symptoms?

Any symptoms related to bowel/abdomen like nausea, vomiting, bloating, loose or hard stool?

Any visible or palpable bulge? If yes, any impulse on coughing or is stationary?

Any constitutional symptoms like chills, fever, body ache or so?

As per the history you have provided this looks to be a muscular spasm and/or inflammation. This is why there is increase in pain on bending or stretching.

The pain in the groin can be part of the muscular inflammation/spasm if there is no visible or palpable lump that pops on coughing.

Continue Aleve.

Take rest as it helps to relieve the muscle spasm.

Hot fomentation soothes muscles.

If there are other symptoms then you obviously need a clinical evaluation by a Doctor and necessary investigations to find the exact cause so that an appropriate management can be done.

Muscle relaxants need a valid prescription.

Please give feedback.

I hope this answer helps you. Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Regards.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 50 minutes later
No urinary symptoms, hard stool but getting better with water, no visible buldge, no chills or fever. I was not sure if it were an infection but the ain on a scale of one to ten is about a 2 or 3.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take stool softener.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your feedback.

Please get a stool softener and laxative to keep the stools soft as hard stool adds on discomfort or pain as you have.

Dr. T Chandrakant, General Surgeon