What can be done for raw feeling in the throat along with clogged ears causing imbalance towards the left?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 8 Aug 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: raw throat
equilibrium off (to left side)
falling recently on left side
flonase or rhinocort not working
no med working
“can spit up hocker’s) excuse the language
when i walk, i tip to left
ears clogged

last time med express gave me
prednisone 10 mg
claritthomycin 25mg
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Post nasal drip with imbalance most likely

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query..

From the complaints, it seems to be a nasal pathology like a nasal septum deviation or sinusitis which is causing symptoms like post nasal drip and continued hawking.

I'd suggest you get an X-ray paranasal sinuses done. It will also help to diagnose the nasal pathology. The management will depend on the reports.

The imbalance issues can be due to neuromuscular cause or some inner ear cause. Please let me know, do you have any hearing difficulty or ringing in the ears?
For how long are you having these symptoms?

Take a combination of Levocetirizine plus Phenylephrine twice daily along with the nasal spray that you're already taking.
Take tablet Betahistine 16 mg twice daily for a week and tablet Stemetil (Prochlorperazine) 5mg twice daily.
Avoid driving for few days.

All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only by prescription.
Please follow up with the required information so that I can suggest you better.

Thanks and regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee