What can be done for raw feeling in the throat along with clogged ears causing imbalance towards the left?
Post nasal drip with imbalance most likely
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query..
From the complaints, it seems to be a nasal pathology like a nasal septum deviation or sinusitis which is causing symptoms like post nasal drip and continued hawking.
I'd suggest you get an X-ray paranasal sinuses done. It will also help to diagnose the nasal pathology. The management will depend on the reports.
The imbalance issues can be due to neuromuscular cause or some inner ear cause. Please let me know, do you have any hearing difficulty or ringing in the ears?
For how long are you having these symptoms?
Take a combination of Levocetirizine plus Phenylephrine twice daily along with the nasal spray that you're already taking.
Take tablet Betahistine 16 mg twice daily for a week and tablet Stemetil (Prochlorperazine) 5mg twice daily.
Avoid driving for few days.
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only by prescription.
Please follow up with the required information so that I can suggest you better.
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ear feels clogged numb sore throat
- What causes throat ears to hurt
- Left ear pain sore throat
- What causes throat and ear pain
- What causes pain in throat ears with headache
- Sore throat pus ear clogged
- Drainage in throat clogged ears
- Throat left side and ear feels wierd
- Throat neck pain and clogged ears
- Ears ringing feel clogged throat scratchy
- What causes pulsatile tinnitus?
- Suggest treatment for fatigue, mild headache and tightness in the chest
- Suggest remedies for metallic taste in the mouth
- Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty in an asthma patient
- How can a cyst below the tonsil be treated?
- Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers
- What causes blood in sputum when diagnosed with TB?
- Is HIV 4th generation test done three weeks after exposure conclusive?
- Can cerumen cause tinnitus?
- Is inhaling plastic fumes harmful?