What can I do to ease severe pain associated with a kidney stone?
Motrin and increase water intake.
Thanks for posting your query.
The stone would have stuck at a narrow point in the ureter causing the pain. What is the size of the stone? If it is less than 10 mm then you can increase the water consumption, immediately take 2 liters water and try gushing it out of the narrow point with the increased flow of urine.
Yes, you can take NSAIDs like MOTRIN double dose (up to 600 mg) which really help ease the pain.
Hope this is clear.
Dr. Suma Parinam, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal pain history of kidney stones what to do
- Kidney stones and tailbone pain
- What are the medications for back pain and kidney stone
- Coping with kidney stone pain
- Pain in armpit kidney stones
- Had surgery for kidney stones severe pain what to do
- Kidney stones calf pain
- What is the pain in my waist with kidney stones
- Kidney stones severe pain bleeding under eyelids through nose treatment
- What kind of pain do kidney stones cause
- Suggest treatment for hernia and tingling senstion
- What causes excessive sweating?
- What causes dark color bleeding after taking unwanted 72?
- Is pachkarma treatment effective in treatment of DVT?
- Does nicotine cause chest pain?
- What causes tremors in hands and dizziness despite having high BP?
- What causes white coating on tongue?
- What causes black specks in stool?
- What does a black spot on palm indicate?
- What causes difficulty walking after having Bactrim DS?