Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

127 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What can I do to ease severe pain associated with a kidney stone?

Answered by
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 1708 Questions

Posted on Thu, 6 Sep 2018 in Kidney Conditions
Question: i have kidney stone what can i do ease pain hurt real bad on 8 scale
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Motrin and increase water intake.

Detailed Answer:


Thanks for posting your query.

The stone would have stuck at a narrow point in the ureter causing the pain. What is the size of the stone? If it is less than 10 mm then you can increase the water consumption, immediately take 2 liters water and try gushing it out of the narrow point with the increased flow of urine.

Yes, you can take NSAIDs like MOTRIN double dose (up to 600 mg) which really help ease the pain.

Hope this is clear.

Take care.

Dr. Suma Parinam, General & Family Physician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on