What are the symptoms of salivary gland cancer?
It is very unlikely for salivary gland cancer to cause all these symptoms. You might have had some infection due to immunosuppressive drugs and hence all these symptoms.
Salivary gland tumors present as increase in size of gland with firm to hard consistency. Usually one region shows swelling, not the diffuse swelling as in other disorders. If the clinical condition warrants the doctor would ask for further tests including biopsy. That would give you an answer.
However based on your description, these systemic symptoms like itching, flu like illness etc are unusual in salivary gland tumors. Localized symptoms are common.
Hope this answers your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for salivary gland cancer
- Salivary gland cancer causes
- Minor salivary gland cancer
- Minor salivary gland cancer symptoms
- Salivary gland cancer prognosis
- Diagnosis of salivary gland cancer
- Types of salivary gland cancer
- Aggressive salivary gland cancer
- Salivary gland cancer life expectancy
- Symptoms of salivary gland cancer