What are the signs and symptoms of post polio syndrome?
Please see the detailed answer below.
Hello! I have been through your question.
As per your concern, please note that almost half the people who had polio at a young age may experience certain effects of the disease many years later, i.e. post-polio syndrome.
Post-polio syndrome refers to a cluster of potentially disabling symptoms that appear after decades, (an average of 30 to 40 years) after the initial polio illness.
Common symptoms of post-polio syndrome may include:
-progressive muscle and joint weakness and pain as you may be experiencing,
-general fatigue and exhaustion with minimal activity,
-breathing or swallowing problems,
-low tolerance to cold.
I hope my answer helps you.
Feel free to ask me further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Post polio syndrome precautions
- Post polio syndrome and taking diovan
- Diagnosis of Post-polio syndrome
- Post polio syndrome causes
- Post polio syndrome naturopathy
- Symptoms of Post-polio syndrome
- What are the chances of developing post polio syndrome
- Post polio syndrome and hearing loss
- Post polio syndrome seizure
- What causes post polio syndrome