What are the signs and symptoms of breast cancer?

Oncologist
Question
Hi
I m 35 yrs old woman...I hv two kids...9yrs n 4yrs....I want to knw abt breast cancer...it’s reasons n symptoms....I m noticing milky fluid frm my nipples n aleora area only when I squeeze it....n pain in my breast bt no any lump..... I breastfed my daughter till she Ws 1 yr old... n want to knw is there any test which helps to detect any type of cancer at early age???
Thank u in advance
4 days ago in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unlikley to be cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your query. I understand your concerns.

Discharging milky fluid from both nipples is not usually a sign of cancer. It may be from increased prolactin levels in blood or some drug induced. You can get ultrasound of both breasts which is usually good enough to rule out cancer or milk duct abnormalities. Then prolactin levels, etc may be done.

But at your age breast cancer is less common and the symptoms are also not matching.

Hope this helps. I will be available for further followup, if required.

Follow-up: What are the signs and symptoms of breast cancer? 11 hours later
Hi
Thnk u for d reply
Y m feeling pain in my breast??? N plz tell me is there any test which can be done to detect ANY type of cancer at d very early stage??

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pain is common in this age

Detailed Answer:
Mostly pain is due to hormonal factors and benign breast disease like fibroadenosis. It settles with time.

There is no blanket test like that which can detect any cancer. Specific tests like mammogram, pap smear, etc may be done according to age group.