What are the side effects of hormone replacement therapy?

Endocrinologist
Question
My doctor prescribed M EEG ES TR OL for me and I do not think the side effects are good for me I haven't 75 with diabetes two and hat and have an eminent wheelchair and overweight. Should I be concerned taking this medicine

Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Estrogen is not appropriate for you;

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!

Yes, you are right. Hormone replacement therapy is not recommended at your age, especially if you are overweight and have type 2 Diabetes.

As you may know, estrogen compound has many side effects; predisposition to gain weight, deteriorate Diabetes, increase lipid profile, increase the predisposition for thrombus etc.

It'd be better trying IUD again.

Hope the information will help. Feel free to ask further.

Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta