What are the side effects of accidental application of nail polish inside vagina?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: My boyfriend and I had sex. We used a warming lubricated condom. Afterwards, I noticed the nail polish had been partially eaten off my nails, which I believe was from the lubricant. I am concerned about having gotten any nail polish inside of my vagina from having my fingers inside. Are there any short or long term health risks I should be concerned about? I am a bit of a worrier. I did not do anything special to clean up but will definitely not be using those same condoms again!
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry. No health hazard expected.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

Let me assure you that the little amount of nail polish would not have any short or long term health hazard and there is no reason for you to get concerned. Besides, the lubricant is safe and you need not worry if the same variety is used again.

Dr. Kunal Saha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha