question-icon

What are the outcomes of breast reconstruction surgery?

Posted on Sat, 6 Sep 2014
Question: I would like to know way my plástic surgeron can't Tell me what size of breast Iam to have. He always said I don't know.
I had doble mastectomy because I had cáncer, my breast was doble D and i Want size B i always told him that i want size B al his answer is: I don't know.
Thanks You XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Prasad (7 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Cosmetic surgeries are unpredictable...

Detailed Answer:

Outcomes of breast reconstruction surgery is unpredictable. Since you would have some scars from previous mastectomy procedure, the end results of surgery are unpredictable. Perhaps the reason your surgeon was not able to answer your question.

It would be worthwhile to take a second opinion from another cosmetic surgeon. Surgeon can look into the area and give an opinion whether or not we will be able to establish a desired result. Here again, it's probability of achieving the desired results.
You can discuss about the plan your doctor has before hand - using implants and your own tissues and the probable outcome. If you are convinced with the plan, you can go ahead with the procedure.

Dr. Prasad