What are the long term side effects of taking Pan D?
Review necessary every 12 weeks
Although Pantaprazole with Domperidone (PAN D) is a safe medication, we do not recommend to use them for one year without reviews and follow ups. Pantaprazole mainly causes Vitamin B12 deficiency as it can reduce its absorption. So you need Vitamin B12 supplements as well. Besides it has its own set of side effects like atrophic gastritis, frequent lung infections. I definitely suggest to omit Domperidone when not required and take plain pantaprazole (low dose up to 20mg) if needed to continue as Domperidone can cause some unwanted side effects to the brain.
All in all I suggest to review the medication every 3 months with the treating doctor.
Hope my opinion is clear and useful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the side effects of long term acelofenac intake
- Side effects of taking warfarin long term
- Lofepramine long term side effects
- What is long term side effects using ciplactin
- Long term side effects of tdap
- What are the the long term side effects of forteo
- What are the long term side effects of siphene
- What is the long term side effects of petogen
- What are the long-term side effects of taking prilosec
- Long term side effects of septicaemia