What are the health repercussions because of abortion pills?
i got pregnant in march this year, got it aborted through medicines (cytotec) i took 2 doses as the 1st dose failed to work. till this month my monthly cycle (periods) was abosuletly fine. i was supposed to have periods on 21st of XXXXXXX 2014. till date i havent got my periods. I did pregnancy test on 26th or 27th of XXXXXXX it was negative. i took an ecp on 28th so periods could come. i have realized after this i m not going to affect my cycle anymore and no more unprotected sex. i used to have periods always on time. Can you please guide me health repercussions because of abortion pills and ecp? have i done something terrible to my health? plus what if i m pregnant again? can i get it aborted through medicines again? i will never affect my cycle after this.
Variations in cycle
I read your query and I understand your concerns.
Following is my reply
1. You will have variations in cycle days and flow since you took ecp now.
2. These medicines wont have long term consequences.
3. Use protection next time.
4. If you suspect pregnancy get serum beta hCG blood test done to confirm pregnancy.
5. It is possible to get aborted by medicines.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Dr. Mahesh Koregol
1. You can take these medicines again to abort under supervision of a gynecologist.
2. Its ok to have delayed periods.
3. These medicines wont have long term consequences. Dont worry.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Took abortion pill persisting bleeding what to do
- What is the processor of taking mt pills to abort pregnancy
- Bloating during abortion with abortion pill
- What is the brand name of abortion pills
- What is the dosage of the abortion pill
- What is the cause of headache after taking abortion pills
- What happens if you dont finish abortion pills
- Abortion pill vs surgical abortion
- What pills should one for abortion
- What's in the abortion pill