question-icon

What are the chances of pregnancy when on Junel Fe 28 days birth control pills?

Posted on Fri, 29 May 2015
Question: Hello, I am taking Junel Fe 28 days birth control and was wondering if its bad that I took a reminder pill an hour late? Cause I had unprotected sex and I hope that the pills are still working.
This is also my first month taking Junel Fe.
Answered by Dr. Nidhi Setia (40 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
negligible chances of pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to HCM

I understand your concerns.

It is okay that you took your reminder pill one hour late.
Reminder pills are actually nothing but the iron tablets.These are just reminders so that you don’t forget which day to start your next packet.
Do not worry.

If you have taken your pills regularly for the first three weeks, then In my opinion, there are negligible chances of pregnancy while having intercourse on last 'reminder pill' week.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to ask further.

Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Nidhi Setia

OBGYN