What are the causes of heart palpitations after having surgery with general anesthesia?

Cardiologist
Question
Hi im having heart palpitations and skipped heart beats the night after general aneatesia for a tooth extraction! Please give me advice

XXXX
Sat, 9 Jun 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Your complaints could be a temporary adverse effect of the anesthesia.

So, I would recommend having some rest and taking plenty of water, in order to increase the urinary output.

It is also necessary to monitor your blood pressure values and heart rate values.

If your situation does not improve in the next days, or even worsens, I would recommend going to the ER for a physical exam and some tests:

- a resting ECG
- complete blood count
- blood electrolytes
- kidney and liver function tests.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Let me know about everything, if you have any other questions!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri