question-icon

What are symptoms of high blood sugar levels?

Posted on Thu, 19 May 2016
Question: what are symptoms of high blood sugar? my husband is type 2 diabetic, he was ill last night throwing up. it got to the point all he was doing was throwing up bile. He had cold sweats,no fever. I took his BS and at that timeit was running around 368. He gave himself a Lantus shot, of 18 units about an hour later I took it again and it had risen to 378. After last night , this am it was 458. What should I do ?
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala (43 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Emergency

Detailed Answer:
He needs immediate medical care. Kindly take him right now to the nearest emergency room. You should also call his doctors office. I understand it's the weekend but some doctors arrange for on-call advice on phone. His blood glucoses need to be controlled quickly
Dr. Shehzad Topiwala

Endocrinologist