Welcome to 'Ask a Doctor'. Please type your question here...
Quick question. I have pain on the Lower side of my right abdomen but only when I press slightly down on it.
I have had 2 ultrasounds and a full blood test and everything has come back clear.
The Drs have said it is nothing to worry about and that I am healthy.
Even though all seems clear, the thought of pressing along with pain doesn%E2%80%99t comfort me.
Would do you suggest.
It could be Appendicitis
Pain in the lower abdomen on Right side could be due to Appendicitis,Right sided Ureteric stone, Twisted Right ovarian cyst, Pelvic Inflammatory disease etc.
Ultrasound will give a clue.Except Appendicitis,all the other three that are mentioned above are excluded.
I have seen many patients with Normal size Appendix,but with Faecoliths (faecal matter stones)in it.Because of this, patients will have pain in right lower aspect of Abdomen.
CT Scan Abdomen will confirm the diagnosis in most of the patients.
So,if the pain persists,CT scan Abdomen is preferred for you.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions,I will clarify further.
Wish you good health
Seeing as both ultrasounds were clear, and all blood work was clear, i was assured that there was nothing fatal to be concerned about.
If pain persists,CT Abdomen should be done
Ultrasound sometimes cannot find Faecoliths in the Appendix.So,if the pain persists, you should go for CT scan Abdomen and exclude Faecoliths in the Appendix which cause pain in right lower part of the Abdomen.
Hope I answered your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having watery mucus in stools. Taking probiotic for gas and bloating....
- Had enlarged lymph node on thigh. Reason for pain in middle back and...
- Hernia surgery done. Having pain in leg while walking. How long will it...
- Itching, burning sensation and pain in anal area. Related to stomach...
- Got hit on head. Big lump appeared. No dizziness or memory loss. Worried...
- Feeling nauseous and abdominal pain after gall bladder removal. What...
- Having cough and sore throat. Can I consume herbalife f1 shake, tea and...
- Diarrhea and weight loss after operation. Not cured by medicine. How to...
- Having chest pain. Taking pan-d. ECG normal. What is causing this and cure?
- Had stent put in leg. Having discomfort in calf, pain and swelling in...