Water is dripping constantly from a scratch on scrotum. How to stop it?

Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Question: how do i stop water from constantly dripping from scratsch on scrotum. i do take water pils when scrotum increases in size.
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Water retention

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

It looks like because of poor cardiac functions you have retention of fluid in body. You can try the following things
1) reduce salt intake to two grams a day provided your blood sodium levels are ok.
2) restrict water intake to 1 or 1.2 litres a day.
3) ensure adequate doses of diuretics (water pills)
4) give good scrotal support in the form of will fitting underwears.
5) avoid scratching of scrotum, can apply moisturizer lotions to avoid dryness
6) increase protein intake in diet.

All these need to be supervised under your treating doctor.
Hope this answers your query.
Best wishes

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T