Vagina and thighs went numb after orgasm. What does this mean?

Dr. Rajiv goel

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Question: my girlfriends vagina and thighs went numb after orgasm what does this mean
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 4 hours later

Orgasm is a sudden discharge of accumulated sexual tension, resulting in rhythmic muscular contractions in the pelvic region characterized by an intense sensation of pleasure. Orgasms are controlled by the involuntary nervous system. It is often associated with other involuntary actions, including muscular spasms in multiple areas of the body, a general euphoric sensation. The period after orgasm is often a relaxing experience, attributed to the release of the neuro-hormones.

Orgasm can be so relaxing that not only the vagina and thighs feel numb, but the whole body may seem numb. There is nothing unusual about what your girlfriend is experiencing.

Stay calm.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan