Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Used monistat. Soreness due to cut in genital area. What can I use?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4951 Questions
I used monistat 1 and cut myself as I was putting the ovule inside. I noticed I didn't get it inside correctly, and now I am very painfully sore. I took a shower to clean everything off. What can I use next?
Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Thanks for the query.
According to your description I am thinking that you got cut at genital area.
So you can use soothing agents like candid jel or KY jelly etc, to get relief from the pain.
You can take sitz bath which can give some relief.
Continue monistat if you can able to put it inside or you can use candid jel which can also work as anti-fungal agent.
If it is not available you can go for oral anti-fungal drugs with your doctor's advice.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor