Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Undergone follicular study. What is the egg size to be associated with a successful ovulation?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12678 Questions
Hello doctor. I had undergone follicle study to track ovulation. There were 2 eggs, one of 18*16 and another of 30*26. I has given HCG 500 and both the eggs ruptured on day 15. Do you think the egg size was appropriate for conception to take place at 18mm or 30mm.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 39 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

The egg size of 18mm x 16mm is more likely to be associated with a successful ovulation. However the follicle size of 30MM is considered as an overgrown follicle and is not likely to release a healthy egg.

Since both the follicles have ruptured successfully after inj. HCG, the chances of conception are fair. You need to have planned relations for the next two days after the follicle has ruptured.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor