Type 1 diabetic, mentally disabled, 57 yrs old, male, itching
Infected schratched skin
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice
I think the skin there is schratched and infected.
I think you can use antihistamines such benadryl or citerizine for itching.
You should wash the are well with soap and water and dry it very well.
Apply an antibiotic and corticosteroid ointment such bethametazon and gentamicine three times daily.
If it doesn't get better in 3 days maybe oral antibiotics are needed.
Hope I have answered the question .
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.