Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive but no result. Further?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 673 Questions

My age is 32 and my wife age is 26.

We are un lucky for last 1.5 years for having kids . We would like to consult a doctor
Can you please advice us on how to proceed further.

Thanks ~XXXXX
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Investigations required

Detailed Answer:

For conception to occur, three basic things are required; 1. Normal semen analysis. 2. Normal uterus & patent(open) tubes (wife). 3. Regular egg formation in wife.

You can start from these three basic tests & proceed further according to reports of the tests.

You can get your semen checked after 2-3 days of sexual abstinence, wife can do one baseline ultrasound scan on 2nd or 3rd day of her menses & depending on its report, tubes can be tested by sonosalpingogram/hysterosalpingogram/laparoscopy; your doctors can decide the best test amongst these three. For egg formation wife can go for follicular study with ultrasound scan.

Further treatment required will depend on reports of these tests.

You can also upload results of tests for further advice.

Let me know if you have other concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor