Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Thrombosed external haemorrhoids, mild pain with bleeding & black spot on haemorrhoids. Should i see ER?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 451 Questions
Hello, i have what i believe to be an external thrombosed hemroid. IT has been mildly painful but has not impared bowl movements. I have had the hemeroid for about 5 days and I have taken warm baths every night. I use the Cream as well. There is a small black spot on the hemeroid and it just started bleeding. I plan to visit the doctor but since its late in the day, my options are urgent care facility or ER. Should i wait to see my PCP on monday or visit urgent care or ER?

Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Jagdish 12 hours later
you say you have mild pain and a see a block dot on haemorrhoids. Based on your description it could be normal or thrombosed external haemorrhoids. You can manage conservatively with Sitz baths, pain medicines, creams, and laxatives now and set appointment with General Surgeon to fix the haemorrhoids in future.

If the pain is getting worse and not controlled with the above measures, then you need excision of haemorrhoids. So if the pain is severe and non resolving go to ER , they will do excision of the external haemorrhoids.

Disclaimer: The information on this email and portal is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, evaluation or care from your physician or other qualified healthcare provider as a complete assessment of an individual has not taken place. Nothing on this email and website should be used for treating or diagnosing a medical or health condition. This is not a replacement for Doctor - patient relationship and physical examination by other qualified healthcare provider.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor